© Image courtesy of Yiying Lu
1. She earns $2 million a year as the editor-in-chief of Vogue, that is she according to New York magazine’s salary guide, released in 2011.
2. She is an awesome dancer. (according to close friend Barbara Amiel)
3. She got fired from Harper’s Bazaar in 1975, styling models for a Parisian couture shoot with dreadlocks (guess having guts not always pays off)
4. She used to be the editor-in-chief of House & Garden magazine. When she was hired in 1987 to revamp the magazine, she immediately upped the glam factor by putting models on the magazine pages.
5. Her favourite food is avocado. (and it seems that she would be ordering it even when it’s not on the menu)
6. She’s had the same haircut for over 25 years. Her fireproof yet timeless haircut surely is (direct or indirect) a brilliant move when it comes to powerful brand identity.