Photo Courtesy of Etsy TheManicMoose (The Sexy Collection)
- Stay at home: why go out on New Year’s Eve ? Service is slow and overcrowded at most places. You’re squeezed in between the rest and that (to our opinion) doesn’t add to the New Year’s eve fun. Throw a party at home with family/friends for more quality fun.
- Organise a winter BBQ: who said that a good BBQ fest can only take place on a warm summer day ? Try out a freezing cold winter evening where everybody gathers around the BBQ to enjoy the warmth of glowing charcoal and your cooking talent. Guaranteed that it’ll be something out of the ordinary.
- Assist the local fireworks display and bring along a bottle of champagne (together with your friends/family): Nothing better than gazing at a starry sky with a bottle of bubbles and wish each other the best for 2017.
- Make a DIY fun photobooth at home: a white or furbished wall is a perfect backdrop for your home produced photobooth. Grab a camera, get some fun probs on sticks (like a moustache, a funny pair of glasses) or other stuff such as wigs, heads and make-up and let everybody’s inspiration roll free.
- Light up some firepits in the garden and gather around the fire: don’t underestimate the power of fire. It awakens a primal feeling in all of us. Add some blankets, cosy outdoor furniture and drinks/nibbles to it and you have yourself a very budget friendly feast. Be sure to respect all rules of fire safety however before you dive into an overload of fun.
- Throw a late(r) night party: who said your guests should arrive at 6 pm with six more hours to go ? Get the party started around ten with your guests arriving at that exact same time. Get some light snacks and drinks and condense the party fun with some funky music. Two more hours to go until the big bang where everybody will be alive and kicking when the clock strikes twelve.
- Provide drinks, fun and music and ask your guests to bring the nibbles: when the effort is evened out, the fun is alike. Nothing more to add to that ! Enjoy !