© GVictoria – Fotolia
1. It helps thicken your lashes: apply some baby powder over your lashes before applying your mascara and it will make them appear thicker and act as a primer to stop them drying out and flaking throughout the day.
2. You can use it to gently rub off sand after a day at the beach: at the end of the day at the beach, sprinkle baby powder over your body and it will help the sand fall off without irritating your skin. Avoid the intimate zones.
3. It helps to make your make-up ‘workday proof’: throughout the day your make-up risks to gradually smudge off. With the help of a large powder brush and some talcum powder, you can apply some talcum powder on top of your usual make-up. That’ll give it some serious staying power.
4. You can make you own dry shampoo: if you’ve run out of dry shampoo but your hair needs a quick fix, simply sprinkle some baby powder under the top layer of the hair at the roots. It will help neutralise excess oil, add volume and a give it sweet smell.
5. It can enhance your waxing session: Before you go for a wax, dust some powder over your skin. Not only will it reduce pain but it will stop redness.
6. It might help to get a better night’s sleep: sprinkle some baby powder over your sheets before getting into bed. It will cool things down and help regulate your body temperature, which in turn, will help you to fall asleep quickly.
7. It neutralises shoe odour: sprinkle some baby powder into your shoes before slipping them on. It will help absorb excess sweat and leave feet smelling sweet. Moreover, it will help avoiding irritated feet and/or blisters.
8. It helps cooling your body off : Feeling hot and bothered or feeling the burn after a painful wax or shave? Baby powder has a natural cooling property making it perfect for irritated skin.
9. It can be used as an alternative to deodorant: Your grandmother probably did it: use some talcum powder as an antiperspirant. Thanks to its soothing and odour-absorbing properties, talcum powder makes up for an ideal alternative to your usual deodorant.
10. It soothes dry skin: Out of moisturiser? Simply smooth some baby powder over cracked heels and dry elbows to reveal softer skin.
Source: Daily Mail